Java SW Engineer – Contract
Location: Prague, Praha, Czechia
Requisition Number: 1003
Position Title: Contractor_G01
What we’re looking for…
Java SW Engineer – Contract
We are currently looking to hire a talented Java SW Engineer on a Contractor basis for our Prague, Czech Republic office, to lead the design and implementation of Monster’s marketplace for either our Seeker and/or Employer platform.
This role will work in a matrixed organization on a dedicated team that is building the next generation scalable OCS solution.
What you will be doing…
- You will work with a variety of technologies, including: Java, micro services, spring boot, Angular 2+, sql/no sql, Tomcat, AWS(Required - AWS Lambda, s3, Cloud Front, RDS, no sql, API Gateway, Cloud Formation Template), and other Web2.0 technologies, CI/CD Jenkins, Docker Containers, Kubernetes,...
- This role will establish the technical delivery of data and domain services for the capabilities assigned to the team.
- Work on an Agile scrum team that designs, estimates, creates, and documents significant software functionality
- Ensure new functionality follows architectural standards
- Produce unit and functional tests to exercise new functionality and re-factored features
- Troubleshoot and debug issues
- Follow coding standards
- Exhibit superior verbal and written communication skills
- Will be comfortable in micro services development environment
- Testing Framework experience (EasyMock, Cucumber)
- Experience designing and developing both NoSQL and relational databases
- Experience designing and developing data and domain
- Service Knowledge in OO development principles, IoC and DI patterns, multi-tier web application design and relational database principles required
- Experience in Cloud apps development AWS/GCP
- Strong Analytical Skills and good problem-solving skills
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
What’s essential for you to have…
- At least 4-8 years doing object-oriented software development with Java
- Experience through full life cycle of several large scale commercial application development projects
- Experience using microservices in applications in production
- Experience with the following languages: Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Framework
- Experience with Application Servers using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud platforms, preferably AWS using EC2 and other AWS services
- Experience with Agile methodology and other SDLC components including TDD, Unit Testing, CI, CD
- Experience with any of the following: Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Rundeck
- Experience with Kafka and other Apache software
- Experience with high availability architectures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be creative and flexible in a rapidly changing environment
What will make you stand out…
- Experience with Angular
- Experience with NoSQL, MYSQL
- Experience with Node.js
- Knowledge of Micro frontend architecture
- Experience with Microsoft Technology Stack (C#, .NET Framework, MS SQL)
- Deep knowledge and experience with event streaming architecture
- Experience implementation Kafka streaming
What’s in it for you…
- International and multicultural working environment in a shared service centre
- Competitive pay rate
- Job-related continuous training
- Career progression opportunities
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and want to have Monster in your corner, please apply via our career site by clicking on the link below… We’d love to hear from you!
Additional job details:
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Job type: Contract
- Pay rate: Competitive
Community / Marketing Title: Java SW Engineer – Contract
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ