Full Stack Software Engineer - Contractor
Location: Weston, Massachusetts, United States
Requisition Number: 1085
Position Title: Contractor_G01
Full Stack Software Engineer - Contractor
Own the product!
Monster Worldwide is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer in our Weston, MA office to participate in the design and implementation of the Monster Government Solutions (MGS) platform. Our MGS Division is one of the fastest growing units of the company, providing a variety of hiring and onboarding solutions to the US, state, and local governments. Our Career Sites enable organizations to have private job boards while leveraging the Monster platform, connecting job seekers with career resources and relevant jobs while helping employers identify and hire talent. As a member of this team, this Full Stack Software Engineer will be contributing to these and other business critical solutions for our government clients.
Who You Are
A talented Full Stack Software Engineer who thrives in developing within a collaborative environment, loves problem solving, and relishes the opportunity to work in a team of highly skilled technologists in delivering world class solutions for Monster’s government clients. Monster is engineering it all together -- working closely with cross-functional teams including: Sales, Product Specialists, UX Designers, Copy Writers, Usability Engineers, DevOps, and Software Engineers.
- Design for and leverage the services offered by the AWS cloud computing platform.
- Participate in full software development lifecycle including requirements analysis and design, working closely with technical, design, and product teams.
- Investigate and analyze reported defects in a timely manner. Recommend and implement solutions to these problems including code refactoring, data updates, or configuration modifications.
- Provide input and execute on efforts to improve the efficiency, quality and security of our development projects.
- Assist in formulating standards and development practices across multiple related teams.
- Conduct and assist with design and code reviews.
- Conduct and assist with unit and integration testing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred. Experience in lieu of degree may be accepted.
- Experience with designing and developing both NoSQL and relational databases.
- Experience with leveraging testing frameworks such as JUnit, Postman, EasyMock, Cucumber
- Experiencing with implementing and supporting ETL/ELT data pipelines
- Practical knowledge of how to design and implement RESTful Web APIs
- Experience with applying various software design patterns such as IoC and DI
- Practical knowledge of web-application, services security
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Drive to provide guidance to fellow developers.
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and objective in a dynamic, agile development methodology.
Nice to have
- Experience with Scala, Gradle or Groovy
- Experience with developing in C# on the .NET Framework
- Experience with GitHub, Jenkins, CI/CD pipeline
- Familiar with DataOps platforms such as Lenses.io
- Familiar with distributed event streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka
- Familiar with Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka (Amazon MSK)
- Experience evaluating and leveraging IaaS, PaaS or SaaS products.
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment, and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social, and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Full Stack Software Engineer - Contractor
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Weston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage