Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Database
Location: Weston, Massachusetts, United States
Requisition Number: 1112
Position Title: Senior Systems Engineer_G01
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Monster Worldwide is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our new SRE team supporting software engineers to build reliable, high capacity and high-performance infrastructure in support of our mission to transform the way employers and candidates find the right fit. This position will be based out of our Weston, MA headquarters! If you know AWS and Google Cloud Platform services inside out, have solid networking experience, and you like engineering solutions to solve site reliability and operations problems, you will thrive in this position.
- Hands-on design, analysis and troubleshooting of highly distributed large-scale production systems
- Ownership of reliability, uptime, capacity, and performance analysis thereof
- Ensuring the repeatability, traceability, and transparency of our infrastructure automation
- Identifying highest-impact opportunities to optimize existing systems
- System design consulting for teams seeking to leverage or improve their production infrastructure
- Anticipate, build, and plan capacity for upcoming product/feature launches
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., Physics or Mathematics) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting, Yaml, Json.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls, etc) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN, etc.). AWS Services (i.e. CloudFormation, CloudWatch, EKS, IAM in a large multi-account environment
- Experience with Database Technologies such as Cloudera, Hadoop, RDS, EMR, Aurora and DynamoDB
- Database analytics tools like Tableau and Appian
- Either has or the ability to clear a Security background investigation
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in Terraform
- Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Strong problem solving, root cause analysis and systems engineering skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment, and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social, and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Database
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Weston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage