Associate Software Engineer
Location: Weston, Massachusetts, United States
Requisition Number: 1144
Position Title: Associate Software Engineer_G01
Associate Software Engineer
- Design, develop, enhance, and maintain current and new Ruby on Rails applications using Foundation as a frontend framework
- Participate in all aspects of our agile development process including requirements analysis and design; work closely with technical, design, and product teams
- Communicate regularly with team members and management in a clear, concise manner
- Provide input to execute on efforts to improve the efficiency and quality of our development projects
- Conduct and assist in unit, integration, and production testing
- Stay current with latest technologies and best practices being used by the larger software community
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails web application development experience
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented design and best practices
- Basic knowledge of relational databases, SQL-based preferred, comfortable writing basic scripts, running queries, etc
- Knowledge of current Web development standards, common libraries, and tools
- Understanding of defensive coding methodologies and practices including Unit Testing and consideration of Edge Cases
- Highly motivated and excellent communication and collaboration skills
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at email@example.com or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Software Engineer
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Weston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage