DevOps Engineer - Contractor
Location: Prague, Praha, Czechia
Requisition Number: 1180
Position Title: Contractor_G01
What we’re looking for…
Senior DevOps Engineer – Contract
We are currently looking to hire a talented Senior-level DevOps Engineer on a Contractor basis for our Prague, Czech Republic office.
As a key Senior member of Application Support within Monster Platform Engineering, you will be working with an ambitious team of highly focused and self-driven engineers to achieve maximum impact and results in line with the company mission. Our mission is to constantly support Monster Production environments by delivering best standard agile releases for full business impact. The team is the standard-bearer for providing environmental management within the SDLC process by integrating with other Monster teams to reduce risk and advocating secure and repeatable processes through automation, professional communication and standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get hands-on a large transformational project, working on Cloud-based projects for the delivery of Monster Next Generation Cloud Native Infrastructure. Typical projects will include developing automated solutions for operational aspects like capacity planning, performance and improving site reliability. This position will also function as a hands-on technical lead by mentoring other team members and evangelizing with other groups.
What you will be doing…
- Responsible for all aspects of support, management and configuration of the SDLC for Monster.com platform Soft Skills
- Delivering proof of concept projects, organizing topical workshops and leading implementation projects
- Hands-on design, analysis and troubleshooting of highly distributed large-scale production systems
- Ownership of reliability, uptime, capacity, and performance analysis thereof
- Ensuring the repeatability, traceability, and transparency of our infrastructure automation
- Identifying highest-impact opportunities to optimize existing systems
- System design consulting for teams seeking to leverage or improve their production infrastructure
- Anticipating, building and planning capacity for upcoming product/feature launches
- Practicing sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Providing technical guidance
What’s essential for you to have…
- Excellent technical skills and working experience supporting Kubernetes and Docker Containerization
- Strong experience supporting Microservice Architectures
- Working knowledge of AWS to manage and support Monster AWS Environments and help deliver the new Monster Next Generation project
- Strong background using Automation techniques to help maintain and develop tools and services using best engineering practice
- Experience configuring and using CI/CD systems (Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline)
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code (including Terraform or CloudFormation) and Source Control (Git and GitHub)
- Passionate and enthusiastic for new technology – particularly in relation to Cloud, Automation and Infrastructure as Code
- Proactive, self-motivated, eager and enthusiastic to share knowledge and work with other team members
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong documentation and presentation skills
- Possesses expert analytical and problem analysis skills with an exceptional record for delivery
- Thrive to be a team player
What will make you stand out…
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of AWS
- Some knowledge of other cloud providers (GCP/Azure)
- Prior team-lead experience
What’s in it for you…
- International and multicultural working environment in a shared service centre
- Competitive salary
- Job-related continuous training
- Career progression opportunities
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and want to have Monster in your corner, please apply via our career site by clicking on the link below… We’d love to hear from you!
Additional job details:
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Job type: Contract
- Pay rate: Competitive
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer - Contractor
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ