Location: Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Requisition Number: 1204
Position Title: Product Owner_G01
The PO is a key member of the Monster Agile team who serves as the business and customer proxy responsible for working with Product Management and other stakeholders—including other POs and PMs—to define and prioritize stories in the team backlog. This allows the team to effectively address the priorities of the roadmap initiative (features and tech enablers [that extend the platform or architecture capability to provide future functionality]) while maintaining technical integrity. The PO will ideally be collocated with the team, where they share purpose, mission, and culture. The PO also attends and contributes to relevant Product Management meetings on greater roadmap planning and vision as led by Product Managers and Product Leaders.
- Translate vision and strategy into tactical and achievable goals for the team in triumvirate leadership format with Tech Lead and Delivery Manager (ScrumMaster)
- Coordinate and align with Product Manager (or Product Leader) on greater strategy and vision
- Provide subject matter expertise and business knowledge of the product to bring operational knowledge to the team
- Represent the voice of the customer (VOC) within the team
- Prioritize work in the team backlog to enable continuous flow of development work (in the sprint backlog)
- Provide a vision forward to building a cohesive roadmap of work (4+ sprints of fully articulated, pointed, and groomed work in best case)
- Interpret roadmap to meet customer needs and accept completed work through UAT/PAT
- Educate team on market, competitors and customer needs
- Share results of work and accomplishments with team (KPI, ROI, NPS, goals/results, etc.)
- Be an Agile champion and key participant in all team ceremonies (daily stand-up’s, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint review/demo, and retrospective)
- Protect workstream from work that is not focused on valuable, aligned outcomes
- Leverages soft skills to resolve conflicts amongst stakeholders in a collaborative way
- Collaborate with UI/UX team, product scrum team, and product leaders to establish timeline workflows and goals
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science, or related field
- 3-7 years of experience leading Agile projects as a product owner and/or product manager
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaborative interpersonal skills to work across diverse, global teams
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency working with JIRA, Confluence, CA Agile Central (formerly Rally), Aha, or similar product management tools
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel); working knowledge of software development
Community / Marketing Title: Product Owner
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur MY