Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Location: Weston, Massachusetts, United States
Requisition Number: 1276
Position Title: Senior Oracle Database Administrator_G01
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Monster is seeking a motivated Senior Oracle Database Administrator to join our Technologies Department in our Weston office. In this position, you will be responsible for database tasks related to our Oracle databases and Oracle E-Business Suite installations. The team is a group of talented database professionals supporting our global database infrastructure. This position offers excellent career growth and an opportunity to continually improve your skills while sharing ideas with a team of data professionals.
- Perform ongoing database administration, maintenance, performance, installation, upgrades, backup and recovery of Oracle databases.
- Expert in Oracle database upgrades and Patching.
- Support database replication, log shipping, mirroring, backup, and recovery
- Installed and configured Data Guard using physical standby for high availability and also performed Disaster recovery Test on critical environments.
- Perform applications database administration (Oracle) services including SQL code review, performance analysis, query tuning.
- Works with software developers to manage tables, indices, Stored Procedures, etc.
- Establish database standards for operations, upgrades, migrations and onboarding new applications and/or clients
- Interacts with business and manufacturing users to determine database requirements.
- Proactively monitor databases servers and respond to any alerts
- Configured and implemented Oracle ASM on Linux platform and maintained ASM instances and ASM disk Groups.
- Perform cross platform database migration
- Perform DBA mentoring and document all the activities of DBA team and use this document as a reference for any DBA in the project.
- Tenacious troubleshooter
- Open to learning new technologies.
- Oracle DBA experience (11g c9c)
- ASM (Automated Storage Management) database administration.
- Oracle Applications DBA (11g c) mainly in EBS and SSO
- Strong Linux shell scripting experience preferred
- Ability to write Shell Scripts, SQL, PLSQL and analyze OEM Reports
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lead projects and take responsibility.
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- DBA experience with MySQL 5.6 or higher
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Script programming with Microsoft PowerShell, Bash, or Python.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, preferred.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies.
- Must be a team player.
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment, and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social, and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Weston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage