Senior Software QA Engineer
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Requisition Number: 1302
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer_G01
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Own the product!
Monster is looking for a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer who will perform manual testing. The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer will support multiple products. Our product managers, development team and QA team leads work jointly to plan, staff and enforce the quality of the products. This position will report to the Manager of QA and requires individual contribution and hands-on work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure appropriate proportions of Functional, Regression and Integration testing to ensure that defects are found and reported in a timely, accurate manner
- Involved in creation of test plans and test matrix for Hiring Management suite of products
- Create test strategies and test cases from requirements, use cases and design documentation and perform manual testing
- Perform Web testing in a Java/ Oracle environment
- Track and manage defects/status
- Work independently to understand business requirements and rules
- Interpersonal skills for interaction with development and support staff and customer areas of the company
- A/B.S. degree preferred (preferably in statistics or computer science)
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience in formal testing and test management environments
- Experience with test planning, developing test cases and execution
- Experience in defect tracking, prioritization and escalation procedures
- Existing knowledge of SDLC and Software testing Lifecycle Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience using test tools for test management and defect tracking
- Experience with relational databases and writing SQL queries
- Experience with various operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows)
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to handle complex projects, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to work in a busy, highly dynamic environment
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software QA Engineer
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU