Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Requisition Number: 1336
Position Title: Associate Accountant_G01
Working within the Global Accounting Team, the Associate Accountant will be responsible for analyzing and recording financial activity in the general ledger, answering general ledger related questions from the field, completing balance sheet reconciliations, and participating in projects as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare journal entries for multiple business segments
- Analyze both P&L and balance sheet activity across numerous segments and accounts
- Actively participate in the close process, with responsibility for various general ledger accounts
- Perform revenue recognition related tasks for North America and/or Europe
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and resolve reconciling items
- Ensure critical processes are documented and in accordance with company policy
- Recommend and implement process improvements
- Participate in all audits, including creation of key schedules / requirements
- Assist other team members as the need arises
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting / Finance required
- 2+ years of Accounting / Finance experience
- Strong aptitude for financial systems (Oracle a plus) required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Energetic self-starter with ability to plan, set objectives and goals, prioritize, measure performance and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities, including ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and develop an action plan
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues with innovative
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of integrity and ethical behavior while proactively addressing issues and continuously implementing best practices
- Can be trusted to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work extended hours during peak times of the month/quarter
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Accountant
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage