Content Writer- Contractor
Multiple Locations: Weston, Massachusetts, United States • San Jose, California, United States
Requisition Number: 1548
Position Title: Contractor_G01
Web Content Writer (US) (Contract)
Monster Worldwide is seeking a Web Content Writer to develop content in the areas of career, job search, hiring, recruitment, and related topics for the U.S. market. This position will support our US-based Organic Performance team based in our San Jose office. Because this is a fully remote role, the ideal fit will also be comfortable working virtually while managing their own schedule to balance the editing needs of the team and broader content management responsibilities.
- Writes and helps maintain online company pages and blog(s) creating content across multiple topic areas, for use by a B2B or B2C audience. Content includes, but is not limited to:
- hiring issues, recruiting strategies, workforce management & planning, small business hiring, employee retention, and other HR matters;
- descriptions of what to expect while looking for a job and interviewing;
- information about common career-related topics, including workplace issues, professional development, salaries and benefits; and
- comprehensive informational content on resumes/ CVs, cover letters, and the job application process.
- Generates and moderates content as it is contributed to the website by external sources.
- Coordinates content creation in support of company newsletters.
- Keeps up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web, social media trends, web usability, web design, and business/industry trends.
- Works with content strategists to constantly refine and improve writing style and to optimize content using best practices in keyword usage, title creation, E-A-T guidelines compliance, and basic SEO.
- Works to ensure full coverage of topics & de-confliction of content.
- Coordinates with editor and cross functional teams to ensure consistent focus, direction and optimization of content.
- Participates in regular editorial meetings for the purpose of brainstorming content ideas and reviewing editorial deadlines.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education required.
- 2+ years of experience writing content for online media with demonstrated success in audience acquisition for a public-facing website.
- Excellent English-language writing skills, with ability to write in a conversational tone and demonstrated ability to successfully write for the web.
- Basic understanding of HTML and SEO.
- Internet savvy with experience using social media tools such as blogs, forums, social networks, microblogging, video, and/or social sharing.
- Works well in a global team environment, embraces change and is highly adaptable.
- Has professional work experience relating to HR, recruiting, career services, or a related field.
- Enjoys reaching and engaging people online.
- Works well under tight deadlines.
- Has experience with CMS platforms.
How to Apply
** To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and online writing sample. Please provide at least one writing sample as applications without writing samples will not be considered.
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment, and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social, and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Content Writer- Contractor
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Jose, California US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage