Location: Weston, Massachusetts, United States
Requisition Number: 1833
Position Title: HR Specialist_G01
Human Resources Support Specialist
We are the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we provide customized solutions and the world’s most advanced technology to help candidates and employers find the right fit.
At Monster, we look for people who want to be the best at what they do – people who aren’t afraid to meet a challenge head on and turn it inside out or upside down or even a little sideways to get the best possible results. We encourage collaboration, embrace innovation, and believe in the importance of work-life balance.
Innovation is the heart of our success...and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
The HR Specialist plays a key role as part of our North America HR Team. This role provides administrative support to the human resources function in the areas of administration/benefits, onboarding, offboarding and training.
- Maintains employee electronic files. Inputs employee personal data into human resources information/computer system (HRIS) database.
- Processes various forms related to documenting human resources activities such as new-hire, change-of-status, performance evaluations, benefits, terminations, etc.
- Conducts new-hire orientations.
- May prepare special reports, such as insurance, COBRA, OSHA, affirmative action, and headcount using HRIS.
- Provides information to employees on matters pertaining to their personal employee information.
- At higher job levels, may perform duties otherwise performed by entry-level human resources generalist, such as conducting candidate interviews and performing data gathering and analysis as it relates to compensation and/or benefits activities.
- May write job descriptions.
- May facilitate employee training and be involved in needs assessments and recommendations.
- May conduct employee exit interviews and tally general statistics including headcount tracking.
Essential Functions of the role:
- Works closely with the functional HRBP’s to provide support and assistance to the business including implementation of projects, employee relations and performance matters etc.
- Effectively manages and responds to employee questions regarding policies, benefits, employment, PTO, etc.
- Confidently explains Monster policies, procedure and standards to both new and existing employees
- Manages employee leaves of absence including FMLA and STD with payroll and guides employees through the LOA process
- Maintains working knowledge of company policies to provide guidance to employees and managers to ensure compliance and consistency
- Performs data entry into Oracle for new hires, terminations, salary increases, and benefit election changes etc.
- Liaises with the payroll and recruiting departments as well as HR Business Partners and benefit vendors as needed to resolve employee and administrative issues
- Follows up with employees and managers regarding incomplete paperwork and/or resolution of HR and benefit issues
- Creates, maintains and audits employee files including archiving
- Prepares, copies, and distributes employee materials
- Conducts new hire and benefit orientations for new employees
- Generate and prepare reports both standard and ad-hoc
- Support cyclical project work related to acquisitions, divestitures, HR actions for reduction in force, focused large-scale hiring, etc.
- Enter benefit elections into vendor websites as needed and/or process vendor feeds in a backup capacity
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Associate degree or equivalent relevant Human Resource and benefits administration experience
- 1+ years human resources experience
- The ideal candidate will possess strong computer skills, particularly with Excel, and other Microsoft Office suite software
- Experience with payroll is a plus
- Oracle HRMS or Peoplesoft HRMS experience is a plus
This position requires excellent organizational skills, customer service orientation, attention to detail, the highest level of accuracy, excellent analytical skills and strong verbal and written communication skills. One must have an ability to maintain confidentiality, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: HR Specialist
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Weston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage