Managing Editor of Content for Military.com
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 1966
Position Title: Manager, Content Writer/Editor_G01
Managing Editor of Content for Military.com
Join the Military.com team as our Managing Editor of Content! This position is responsible for leading and managing our team of talented writers and content editors who craft interesting and relevant evergreen content on military benefits, history, culture, and other resources on our site. We are looking for someone who thinks creatively but strategically, is eager to work collaboratively with our Managing Editor of News, and who has the drive to ensure our site continues to be the go-to resource for our military and veteran community.
This position requires managing a team of four writers and content editors to deliver a steady stream of new content, managing the existing content on site for accuracy and timeliness, and managing inventory to support the editorial calendar and key peak traffic times throughout the year. The ideal candidate will be a "player-coach" and a writer’s editor who knows how to develop and finesse engaging content that reflects our expertise in military and veteran information. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of Military.com's audience and the stories and topics that matter most to our readers, including understanding the complex group of agencies and processes that provide benefits for those who are serving, have served, and their families. This editor should also have significant experience working with SEO best practices and understanding site monetization strategies. Collegiality and integrity are also a must: we're a tight-knit, collaborative team that works hard to gain and maintain the trust of the military community with effective, accurate information about the elements of military and veteran life that impact them daily.
- Organizing and overseeing all daily evergreen content priorities and production including approving stories, coordinating and deconflicting coverage
- Coordinating coverage and site operations while working closely and collaboratively with Military.com's Managing Editor of News to produce matching or supporting evergreen content
- Align content efforts to support the Military.com brand and compete with other similar sites in the military and veteran content space
- Manage a team of content writers and editors and several freelance contributors
- Work with SEO strategist to prioritize and assign SEO projects or updates
- Track and understand site and coverage needs
- Hold weekly team meetings and engage with other Military.com teams like product, analytics, and newsletters
- Manage and support newsletter content selection
- Work collaboratively with social media manger to develop an effective engagement strategy for evergreen content
- Make data-driven decisions and use tools and resources to constantly monitor site and content performance
- Sourcing and hiring new employees, freelancers and contractors
- Minimum 5 years of experience in website/content publishing
- Significant experience working on content related to the military, military families, and benefits.
- Experience and knowledge of copy-editing
- Excellent writing skills
- Understanding of SEO principles and best practices
- Ability to learn and become proficient in news content management systems
- Knowledge and understanding of AP style
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Deadline-oriented and comfortable multi-tasking
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment, and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways, we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at email@example.com or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.
*Salary range for this position: $70,060-145,700
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate’s education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. Based on eligibility, a successful candidate’s total compensation may include a variable pay plan including bonus(es) and/or commission(s). In setting compensation, Monster complies with all local wage and hour laws.
In addition, Monster offers rich learning & development opportunities, a 401(k) plan, a stock purchase plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance to uniquely fit your needs. Monster also focuses on overall wellbeing with our wellness program, 21 paid days off, 5 paid sick days, and 14 paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Community / Marketing Title: Managing Editor of Content for Military.com
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Weston, Massachusetts US