Senior Data Scientist
Location: Prague, Praha, Czechia
Requisition Number: 2005
Position Title: Senior Data Scientist_G01
Senior Data Scientist
Transform the Careers Business with AI!
The Senior Data Scientist (Machine Learning) at Monster Worldwide will solve complex business problems using machine learning techniques and advanced statistical methods. The role will be able to work independently or guide team members on various Data Science, Automated ML and Data Engineering tasks.
In this role, you will execute Data Science projects from end to end, from participating in stakeholder meetings and defining business problems, identifying appropriate models and tools (homegrown, open source or vendor-supported), supporting make/buy decisions, training ML models, and working with engineering and MLOps personnel to see the final products deployed to production and used at scale.
Keeping abreast of the latest developments in the marketplace, including general providers (such as Open AI and Bard), specialized HR AI providers, and open source models such as Hugging Face, will be imperative for solving specific types of problems. The successful candidate can expect to participate in a wide range of projects covering the extraction of structured data from unstructured data, the generative creation of content, search optimization challenges, and more.
- Use statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling capabilities to ask the right questions and find the right answers.
- Communicate findings, orally and visually.
- Has knowledge of Big Data engineering and data manipulation methods and tools and can perform these tasks independently AND/ OR has knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and tools and can perform these tasks independently
- Has the background to independently select the right model type for a problem, select from available models, source data for training (including ETL processes and functions) and train models that provide business value
- Has the ability to work cross-functionally to get ML solutions into production
- Collaborates with team members; provides training to new employees
- Engages with business stakeholders and translates business problems into ML projects; summarizes, visualizes and communicates statistical/ML processes and results for stakeholders; helps translate analytics outputs into actionable insights
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, preferably with a focus on ML
- Familiarity with different ML algorithms such as Transformers, LLM and decision trees
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing
- Experience in working with opensource models and datasets
- Proven track record of working with other engineering groups to get microservices-based on ML models operating in a production cloud environment (AWS)
- Experience implementing a range of statistical or machine learning methods, from basic descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing and feature transformation to complex dimension reduction, supervised or unsupervised learning, and model turning and validation
- Proficiency in Python; Java is a plus
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Spark preferred; knowledge of distributed computing would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving; ability to perform tasks independently; comfortable with dealing with complex and ambiguous business problems
- Competitive salary and fantastic benefits package: 25 days of vacation + 4 sick days + Purple Perk Days + 4-week allowance to work from abroad per year.
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Company provided Laptop
- A great work life balance
- Discounted gym and wellness membership + Cafeteria Benefits
- Company contribution to a pension fund and life insurance
- Private medical care package + discounted option for family members (Canadian Medical)
- Stock Purchase Program
- Chill out zone with leisure time activities, and relocation assistance
- Job related continuous training and career progression opportunities
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Scientist
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ