Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Requisition Number: 2051
Position Title: Database Engineer_G01
Monster Technologies Malaysia, a subsidiary of Monster, is seeking a motivated Database Administrator to join our Technologies Department in our Kuala Lumpur office. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting database task related to Monster Data Platform during the EU business hours. The team is a group of talented database professionals supporting our global database infrastructure.
What you will be doing…
- Design, implement and administer RDBMS solutions for all on premise database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL)
- Design, implement and administer Monster data solutions hosted on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing platform, utilizing the following AWS technologies to build data and application solutions including services such as Relational Database Services (RDS), Athena, AWS Glue, Redshift, Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Simple Storage Service (S3), Send Notification Service (SNS), DynamoDB and Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2).
- Evaluate and deploy new technology and participate in the strategic planning of the Monster Database platform.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and manage release strategies for RDBMS software updates and application releases which will be required by all production and non-production environments, minimizing downtime to the end users.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and manage the database release processes for deploying new monster releases to the non-production and production database environments.
- Manage the “Technical Application Recover Procedure”, ensuring high availability and disaster recovery of the monster data platform.
- Enhance system metrics collection, analysis, reporting and alerting.
- Mentor DBA team and provide interactive guidance to assist fellow team members. Team player who provides interactive guidance to assist fellow team members.
- Create and document best practice processes and standards.
- Assess and implement security compliant measures for databases/data sources infrastructure including (but not limited to) database/data source patching, PII/PCI data identification and restriction, etc.
- Develop, implement, and maintain ETL solutions integrating data from all databases systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Business Intelligence reporting solutions created within the SQL server BI stack
- Develop system maintenance solutions for VLDB’s (5TB+)
- Monitor system performance and resolve issues where necessary
- Perform code reviews of all database release kits
- Manage RDBMS and Cloud platform operating costs (Hardware and Software) and reduce the costs where possible via retirement, consolidation, and alternative platforms.
- Support weekday and weekend on-call shifts and work closely in a multi-region teams’ environment
What’s essential for you to have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 5 to7 years’ experience in Database Administration working with Microsoft SQL Server, AWS, MS Azure SQL or similar technology
- A good communicator who is able to present ideas/solutions clearly
- A team player who provides interactive guidance to assist fellow team members
What will make you stand out…
- Data solution’s development and implementation in public cloud environments.
- Solid technical skill and leadership
- Initiative-oriented and keen-to-learn characteristics
What’s in it for you…
- International and multicultural working environment in a shared service center
- Competitive salary
- Job-related continuous training
- Career progression opportunities
- Health insurance & group insurance coverage, dental, optical, and gym
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home or at a shared office space
- Exciting events, company excursions, dinners & more!
About Monster Technologies Malaysia
Established in 2006, Monster Technologies Malaysia is a software development center located in Kuala Lumpur with engineering teams working in a global matrixed organization that builds and maintains software used by our core websites serving the North American and European markets. You will be part of an agile team that values innovative thinking, collaboration, and knowledge sharing. Join us on the journey to transform the future of connecting people and jobs.
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment, and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social, and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Community / Marketing Title: Database Administrator
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur MY