Location: Weston, Massachusetts, United States
Requisition Number: 853
Position Title: Senior UX Engineer_G01
Senior Design Systems Engineer
Build the Platform!
Monster Worldwide is looking for someone to build the UI platform of tomorrow. This core design system will power all of Monster’s digital assets, providing a consistently amazing experience for all users no matter the touchpoint. Along with the Core UX team, you will architect and build a reusable set of UI tools, components, and distributed workflows that will be delivered to internal teams to build everything they need to build. This central UX platform will become the kernel of change that drives compelling user experiences which create meaningful and lasting life experiences of the future.
You have built many interesting and sophisticated interfaces that push the needle from status quo. You have a history turning those interfaces into reusable frameworks for larger development efforts. You’ve worked closely with product managers to define and research problems. You have experience in all parts of the development process. You work well with other professionals of all skillsets and are excited by new opportunities to collaborate, evangelize, and mentor.
Who You Are
- You are an exceptional senior-level UX/UI developer with strong opinions that are expressed with warmth and in a voice that wins hearts and minds.
- You have a critical eye for visual development and an undeniable ability to bring new experiences to life.
- You have a keen focus on the ‘bigger picture,’ building reusable systems and frameworks for rapid UI development.
- You have a strong desire to push the bleeding edge of technology and build software that is one of a kind.
- You assess metrics and requirements and synthesize them into user stories, components, and frameworks.
- You have a passion for optimization, innovation, collaboration, and improving developer and designer experiences.
- Architect key portions of the UX platform ecosystem to deliver and distribute end to end UX and UI workflows in multiple settings.
- Build and maintain components that are highly customizable, consistent, and reusable, that delight both application developers and their end users.
- Document usage patterns and best practices for using the platform.
- Evangelize the design system through meeting and mentoring the teams that consume it, as well as presenting architectural concepts and decisions.
- Oversee the open-source ecosystem, reviewing pull requests and assisting external teams with contributions.
- Work closely with UX designers to build richly interactive components for web and mobile web using a high degree of visual fidelity.
- Write highly reusable code that can be componentized and easily consumed and extended by other developers.
- Improve developer experiences and velocity by building better workflows, practices, and tooling for development.
- Research new and interesting open source and third party software. Document and justify incorporating new software into Monster’s technology stack.
- Promote UX best practices and processes across the team and help stand up a consistent suite of UX tools and libraries.
- Be an awesome team-mate and mentor. Engage with the rest of the UX development and design team, as well as other external teams on various projects.
- 7+ years’ experience in UI development, Frontend development, or comparable roles.
- Thorough understanding of React development and contemporary patterns.
- Experience building design systems and component libraries.
- Familiarity with TypeScript.
- Proficience with Webpack or similar tooling.
- Exceptional CSS skills and familiarity with styled components.
- Appreciation of atomic design principles.
- Familiarity with NextJS, Gatsby, or other Node based rendering frameworks.
- Experience converting designs from Sketch/Figma into working prototypes.
- Knowledge of cross-platform browser compatibility restrictions and requirements.
- Thorough understanding of web performance principles and page load optimization.
- Familiarity with accessible design and development patterns.
- Experience working with NPM, git, and agile methodologies.
- Appreciation for open source development models and wide knowledge of available software.
- Eagerness to learn, study, and research new technologies.
- Ability to successfully execute on, and load balance across, multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Collaborative approach that brings good resolution decisions to tough development questions.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- While a degree in CS or a related field is a plus, we look for talented people with proven success building interfaces and design systems regardless of education.
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law
Community / Marketing Title: UX Engineer
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Weston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage