Senior DevOps Engineer - Contract
Location: Prague, Praha, Czechia
Requisition Number: 878
Position Title: Contractor_G01
What we’re looking for…
Senior DevOps Engineer – Contract
We are currently looking to hire a talented Senior-level DevOps Engineer on a Contractor basis for our Prague, Czech Republic office.
As a key member of DevOps within Monster Engineering, you will be working with ambitious teams of highly focused, self-driven engineers to achieve maximum impact and results in line with the company mission.
In this exciting role, you will be supporting Monster Developers as they deploy their code and resources to all environments by delivering reliable and repeatable tools and processes. Our team will provide environmental management throughout the SDLC process by connecting Monster teams through effective communication. Our team will reduce risk and champion secure and repeatable installation methodologies through professional communication and standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get hands-on a large transformational project working on Cloud-based projects using AWS and GCP technologies to scale for the delivery of Monster Next Generation Cloud Native Infrastructure.
What you will be doing…
- Manage and support current Monster AWS/GCP environments and deliver the new Monster Next Generation project
- Ensure best practice applied for maximum Site Reliability and Availability
- Foster inter-team communication to drive exceptional outcomes by collaborating closely in supporting the software development life cycle
- Innovate by constantly keeping abreast of emerging technologies and processes to recognize the potential value they bring to Monster
- Monitor and work from assigned JIRA tickets
- Participate in team meetings to identify process improvements, produce documentation and retrospectives
- Service Manageability, Incident Management, Triage and Troubleshoot on/off premise infrastructure
- Adhere to company standards for Security, PCI and Compliance
- Participate and lead internal tech seminars
What we really need you to know…
- General understanding of CI/CD
- General understanding of microservices and Java API Rest
- General DBA knowledge: MySQL/aurora - backups, migration, restoration
- Docker build process
What’s also essential for you to have…
- Technical skills:
- Working knowledge of AWS and or GCP
- Highly proficient with Agile, Scrum and Sprint methodologies
- Highly proficient with implementing automation and tooling solutions
- Highly proficient in configuring and using CI/CD systems (Jenkins, GCP/AWS Code Pipeline)
- Highly proficient with Source Control (Git and GitHub)
- Linux, Red Hat/CentOS, Windows, 2012 & 2016
- Big IP (F5) (LTM/GTM)
- OpenSSL, Safenet
- DNS, R53, IIS, Apache, Microsoft IIS, AD, Jenkins, Git, NGINX, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL PCI
- Git, Jira, Confluence
- Puppet, Chef, Terraform
- Nagios, SCOM, Statuscake, Prometheus
- MSSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Nagios, SCOM, StatusCake, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Vagrant
- EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Redshift, AMR, RDS, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudFormation, AWS CLI
- Redis, Scaleout, PowerShell, Bash
- Splunk, DataDog
- Soft skills:
- Passionate and enthusiastic for new technology, particularly in relation to Cloud, Automation and Infrastructure as Code
- Proactive, self-motivated, keen to share ideas and knowledge
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong documentation and presentation skills
- Thrive as a team player
What’s in it for you…
- International and multicultural working environment in a shared service centre
- Competitive pay rate
- Job-related continuous training
- Career progression opportunities
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and want to have Monster in your corner, please apply via our career site by clicking on the link below… We’d love to hear from you!
Additional job details:
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Job type: Contract
- Pay rate: Competitive
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer - Contract
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customised solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ