Senior Software Engineer
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 983
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer_G01
Senior Software Engineer
The Monster Government Solutions Product Development team is a mature software development shop that builds, creates, and supports multiple products for our clients in solving their Human Capital Management needs. Our product managers and development team leads work jointly to plan, staff, and enforce quality on development projects. We currently are seeking a Senior Software Engineer that will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
PURPOSE OF JOB: The Senior Software Engineer will work in a matrixed organization on a dedicated team that is building the next generation scalable Human Capital Management solution. You will work with a variety of technologies, including: Java, AngularJS, Oracle, Tomcat, AWS, and other Web2.0 technologies.
The Software Engineer will:
- Work on an Agile scrum team that designs, estimates, creates, and documents significant software functionality
- Ensure new functionality follows architectural standards
- Produce unit and functional tests to exercise new functionality and re-factored features
- Troubleshoot and debug issues
- Follow coding standards
- Exhibit superior verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or, equivalent engineering degree or experience.
- At least 5 years doing object oriented software development.
- Experience through full life cycle of at least 2 large scale commercial application development project
- 5 years of experience with Java development
- 3 years of experience with Oracle 12C, SQL, or, other relational databases with Hibernate or MyBatis
- 3 years of experience with at least one of the following frameworks; Struts, Spring, or AngularJS
- Good communications and collaboration skills
- Java certified.
- AWS certified.
- Preference for experience with high availability architectures.
- Experience with three tier architecture and fundamentals
- Strong knowledge about relational database design and operation
- Strong object oriented programming design & development experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Preference for experience with secure government information systems, Human Capital Management systems, and/or ERP systems.
- Experience in cloud computing environments, such as AWS
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mclean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage