DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Requisition Number: 1278
Position Title: Software Engineer_G01
Job Description – DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer (Graduate)
We are looking for a capable, innovative engineer in a hybrid DevOps / Site Reliability Engineering role to work on a new project that merges recruitment with advertising technology. Working in a global team, and as a valued member of a Sydney based local squad, you’ll be responsible for super-charging developer productivity, deploying cutting edge tools and deep technical problem solving. Monster is transforming. We are modernising our platform and services to simplify the process of finding the right candidate for the right job. We want it to be a rewarding experience for all involved. At Monster, you will be part of an agile team that value innovative thinking, collaboration, and knowledge sharing. These are exciting times! Join us on the journey as we transform the future of connecting people and jobs.
• Work closely with local & global Software Engineers to enable them to develop applications following established processes
• Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
• Perform root cause analysis for production errors
• Investigate and resolve technical issues
• Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
• Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
• Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
• On-call work may be required on a roster basis to help support ‘production’ systems
• Curiosity and willingness to learn.
Relevant technical skills & experience:
• Git • Proficient in a scripting language (Python, shell) for automation
• Continuous Delivery tools (Spinnaker)
• Familiar with Java, Kotlin and NodeJS development practices and ecosystems.
Other relevant skills:
• Self-motivated, with time management skills to work in 2 week sprints
• Ability to work both autonomously and within a team
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Familiarity with SRE concepts.
• Suitable for a graduate, or someone with up to 3 years of experience as a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications
• Relevant certifications highly regarded.
Bachelor’s degree in computing science or related technical field
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU