Location: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 1623
Position Title: Software Engineer_G01
Monster Strategic Talent Solutions (MSTS) is hiring a DevOps Engineer working remotely in Canada. As a key member of DevOps within Monster you will be working with ambitious teams of focused, self-driven engineers to achieve maximum impact and results in line with the company mission. This is a fantastic opportunity to be hands-on with a large transformational project working on cloud-based projects using AWS technologies to scale for the delivery of Monster's next generation of talent solutions.
Monster Strategic Talent Solutions is the digital recruitment agency of Monster Worldwide, Inc., a pioneer in the business of digital recruiting and a global leader in connecting people to jobs. Since 2005, MSTS has delivered innovation and audacity to recruiting. The MSTS team understands our customers’ challenges in the journey to finding great talent. With a strong global presence and deep experience, we architect recruitment solutions that are on-brand and on-target, so our customers can engage in meaningful conversations with candidates, online and off. Everything we do is about helping people find great jobs and companies find great employees.
- Configuration, management and support of Amazon Web Services (AWS/AMS environments).
- Ensure best practice applied for maximum Site Reliability, Availability and Security
- Implementing automation and tooling solutions
- Configuring and using CI/CD systems (Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline)
- Maintaining Source Control (Bitbucket, Git and GitHub)
- Take part in QA and help manage quality assurance tools and processes
- Innovate by constantly keeping abreast of emerging technologies and processes to recognize the potential value they bring to Monster
- Service Manageability, Incident Management, Triage and Troubleshooting on/off premise infrastructure.
- Linux: any distribution, Red Hat/CentOS (preferred)
- HTTP core: request methods, headers, request/response cycle
- DNS fundamentals: hierarchy and delegation, records
- Deployment and pipelines: Jenkins as code (preferred), Blue Ocean,
- Tools and scripting: bash (preferred), python, git, ssh, scp, reverse tunnelling, composer, npm
- Elastic cloud architecture (AWS preferred): autoscaling, load balancers, DB clusters, failover arch
- Reverse proxies/cache and web acceleration: Cloudfront (preferred), nginx, Varnish, Apache
- Databases: MySql (preferred), NoSql, MongoDB
- Languages: Fullstack (preferred), PHP 7+, Java, JS, HTML, CSS preprocessors
Other skills you should have or expect to learn:
- Automation, reusable components and continuous deployment (CICD)
- Best design/fullstack practices mindset: clean coding, decoupling, dependencies injection, messaging queues, asynchronous design
- UI/UX and performance/results in mind
- Visual Components, in isolation products QA/testing
- ReactJS (preferred), StorybookJS, VueJS
- Terraform, Chef, Spinnaker, Puppet, Vault, Kubernetes, Docker, yaml
- Laravel framework
- Unit/integration testing: Selenium, PHPUnit, in isolation (mocking)
- SSL certificates, LAMP arch, HTTP2, async networking
- Webapp security and firewalls, unauthorized access/DDOS monitoring, live malware scanning
- Passionate and enthusiastic for new technology, particularly in relation to Cloud, Automation and Infrastructure.
- Proactive, self-motivated, keen to share ideas and knowledge
- High level of autonomy, willing to learn, quick problem solver
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong documentation and presentation skills
- Thrive as a team player
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at email@example.com or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Montreal, Quebec CA