Principal Database Engineer
Location: Prague, Praha, Czechia
Requisition Number: 1759
Position Title: Principal Database Engineer_G01
Principal Database Engineer
Monster Technologies is seeking a principal database engineer to join the Database Technologies team. We offer an exciting, challenging and fast-paced environment in which talented professionals can really thrive. Here, you'll have the opportunity to do your best work in an atmosphere that's fun, open, and conducive to innovative thinking. If you're ready to take your career to the next level…we've got just the opportunity that can get you there. Make the move to Monster.com, then stand back, and watch big things happen.
This position will focus on the implementation of complex reporting databases. The primary responsibilities will be in the area of data warehouse/reporting database design and the implementation of ETL processes to populate and maintain the reporting databases, as well as code deployment, monitoring and performance tuning. Additional responsibilities: Collaborate with project teams in defining and/or clarifying functional and technical requirements. Participate in the full lifecycle of large/complex enterprise project(s). Design and implement database solutions that work well within the existing enterprise and that support new and growing systems. Participate in defining and promoting ‘best practices’ relating to database development to the organization. Work on product development projects with development engineers to review and recommend possible optimizations to database design and development code. Perform analysis and reviews on complex applications being released into production. Work with DBA team on capacity planning, performance tuning and release implementation.
· Extensive experience with relational database architecture and design
· Expert-level experience with MSSQL and T-SQL
· Expert-level understanding of data warehousing concepts
· Expert-level ETL experience, in particular SQL Server Integration Services
· Designing large-scale data models; experience in using data design and modeling tools such as Power Designer
· Solid understanding of distributed application and web application development relating to database technologies within a high-volume environment
· Technical Design Documentation
· Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP) a plus
· Experience with NoSQL/Big Data/Machine Learning solutions a plus
· Experience working with development languages and some programming or scripting beneficial, including .NET, Python, Java, R, XML, PERL etc…
· Experience with agile methodologies beneficial
· Excellent organization and communication skills
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Embraces change
· BS in CS or MIS or related experience required.
· 10+ years of practical, hands-on experience in a technical area of expertise.
Monster Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Database Engineer
Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customized solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them find #TheRightFit.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation; we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
Find out more about Working at Monster here: https://www.monster.com/about/working-here/
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ